Friday 27 May 2016

What is Art?

Aesthetic Dialogue
What’s that you are doing?

Making pictures.

Don’t look like anything.

Don’t have to.

You gotta draw something, teacher told me that.

Not true.

Maybe that’s a tree.

No, it’s something else.

A tree is not red, I know that.

If I want it to be, then it is.

No such thing as a red tree.

It is not a tree anyway.

Then what is it?

Not telling.

I bet it’s a mountain.
Isn’t.

Then a house

Not either.

Gotta be something.  My teacher said so and she knows everything.

Bet she doesn’t.

Does.

Doesn’t.

My mother said she does.

It’s not a house and not a tree.  It’s something else.

Don’t look like anything I know.

Not supposed to be.

What do you mean?

Not supposed to be something you can see.

You’re crazy.

Am not.

Are so.

I draw what the pencil tells me to draw.

A pencil can’t talk.

Mine does.

What does it tell you.

I don’t know.

But you said it did.

Did not.

D id so.

Not what I meant.

What did you mean?

I  just draw.

Drawing draws something you can see.

Not always.

O yes.

Not mine.

I can see something but it isn’t something I know.

I don’t care.  What I draw is something special for me.

What’s special?

What I see in my head.

Like in a dream?

Yes, I guess so.






No comments:

Post a Comment